Monday, February 25, 2008

They dropped the abuse case

Because I called the police officer about a week after everything happened and told them I didn't want Monster's aide to be put through anymore - I blamed (and still do blame) the daycare as much as her personally.

The thing is, I didn't think this meant that they would just drop the whole case. I thought they would still look into how the daycare was being run, how they went about doing background checks on their employees, etc. I guess I didn't really realize that when I said I didn't want them going after the aide, that everything else got dumped.

Which means she was their scapegoat. They dumped all of the blame on her. And it pisses me off, because they will get away with it.

I still don't regret that I asked them not to go after the aide. I didn't want to make her life a living hell. I just wanted my son safe. I guess I didn't realize at the time how bad this made me look as a parent. I go through all of this and then call them and say, "Never mind"? But the point was, I wanted my son out of that situation, and when they got him the new aide, I was satisfied. But now I feel stupid. I guess I should have let it go. Don't ask me why I stopped it all. I should have let the aide go down. But I couldn't.

I'm not quite sure why I did anything that I did. I went to the police because I was lied to and because my son was injured. but it was ALWAYS the daycare I blamed. Always. Not the aide. I still feel bad for her. And she hurt my son. Makes a lot of sense, right?

No comments: