Wednesday, February 20, 2008

More fun

And to add to my worries about this stupid meeting tonight, I got a call from my parent advocate (who DID make it to the IEP meeting) and she thinks it’s time to consider moving Monster to a special ASD school setting, since he hasn’t improved even with the gargantuan changes they made for him on his IEP.Maybe it’s all for the best. Maybe he belongs with other kids who understand him, or who are at least like him, because do any of them understand others?
If I weren’t so freaked about this stupid meeting I would take this as a sign to get out there and start shaking trees again, to see what falls down. I actually did already call the director in charge of the next-door city’s autism program (our city doesn’t have one) and leave her a message. I also emailed my son’s case worker and told her we need to start thinking of a different placement for Monster. I don’t even care about the meeting tonight, now that I think of it. They’ll just have to deal with my kid until we figure out where to put him.

No comments: