Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Meeting, today, 5:00

Today is The Big Meeting - the one I've been worrying over for about a week now.

It's funny because now that it is right here upon me, I'm not worried anymore. Hubby and I sat down and actually had a very productive talk about Monster's after school care and both decided that we would be able to change our hours to make it so he is never without one of us. It will mean not seeing each other all week long but we really don't do much - talk for a few minutes while Monster jabbers in the background trying to makes ure the attention never moves away from him, then play with him until his bed time, then fall in bed ourselves, exhausted and done with the day. Or he watches TV and I go online.
So I'm not frightened anymore. They can say what they want. If they tell us something that I know is illegal, I will get the OCR involved. I already have a lawyer waiting to hear from me on how this meeting goes, ready to take the case.

And how bad am I that I missed Monster's follow-up IEP meeting yesterday morning. Everything has been in such turmoil that, even though I had it written down and in my Palm, I still forgot it completely. I stood up Monster's whole special ed team, PLUS my parent advocate. I feel so irresponsible and unreliable now. It's not an excuse, but this meeting today has been hovering over me and I haven't been able to focus on anything else.

Yesterday when hubby took M to urgent care to see if anything was wrong with him, they got the same doctor who took the report on the abuse from the daycare aide. The doctor told hubby, You look familiar, and hubby said, well, remember, the daycare situation? and the doctor said oh, yeah, how did that go? Hubby told him we haven't heard a thing. We have no idea how that went. Maybe they decided the aide was not at fault and this meeting is to let us know that we're being sued. Shit I'm so optimistic.

Monster seems to want out of the day care, which I guess is a good thing because eventually he will be. Before he told us he could not leave there because he lvoes his new aide and she loves him. But now suddenly he doesn't want to go. Who knows what changed his mind? Most of the time we don't even know what's going on in his mind. I might hear about something that happened a few months ago, but Monster isn't big on talking about things that happened recently.

I hope I have enough work to keep me busy until 4:30. Time to finish up my lunch and get back to work. I hate surprises (I think I've mentioned that before) and the sooner they dump this "surprise" on us, the better. I can handle anything, once I know what I'm dealing with. It's the not knowing that drives me nuts.

No comments: