Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sick kid

Monster has been sick since last Thursday. He was sleeping at school and running a low-grade fever. Hubby picked him up and I stayed home with him Friday. Monday I was also home with him because school and daycare were closed. Now today I got a call from the school again - Monster had fallen asleep in the sensory room. So hubby is taking him to urgent care to check for strep and mononucleosis. I'm worried about my little guy. He still isn't eating well at all and all weekend he slept until 9 or 10 in the morning - this is the kid who doesn't believe in sleeping in on weekends and drags his toys into our bed at 7AM to play.
I hope he's okay. I don't like seeing him this way - listless and not eating.

Hubby suggested last night that maybe the reason Monster went to bed at 7 (7!) was because he's depressed. This made me cry because it is one more thing I had to worry about. But I think he's just sick. I don't know why, but being sick seems better to me than being depressed.

No comments: