Wednesday, March 12, 2008

More backstory

Long story short about the aide - Monster had been coming home and telling us about things this aide had done but when I questioned the director she always denied everything. Then M got written up for hitting and kicking, and when the director talked to me she thanked me for being so understanding and how they were still working to get everyone trained on CPI and it was one of her top priorities. I wasn't sure what she meant by that because Monster hadn't said anything. So that evening I asked him what had happened at daycare and he said he had come in from recess and refused to put his shoes on and the aide and two others had held him down to get his shoes on him. I emailed the director and told her what M had told me and asked her to have the teachers write down their version of what had happened. She never got back to me and I called her back a couple days later - she told me nothing had happened - she asked them and they said that Monster had tried to run out of the building and they had blocked his way and "somehow" got him to the calming room but nobody had touched him. Then she said "I know what I said before about getting everyone trained in CPI, and I do think it's important, but nobody touched Monster."
A couple of weeks later the daycare took the kids bowling and Monster told his aide, jokingly, "I'm going to shoot you." The aide told hubby about it when he picked him up and we talked to M and told him that it wasn't okay to talk like that. Then a week after that the director met hubby when he came to pick up Monster, which means she made a special trip over there because her office is in a different building. And she starts telling hubby how we need to keep M out of school for the next two days because he is too much for them to handle and he called his aide a poopy head and used the F word and he's been hitting and kicking and the other day he threatened to bring a gun to school and kill his aide. But she was lying - she was talking about the time he said he was going to shoot her.When I got home I called Monster into the room and was talking to him about using bad words and he said, "Do you want to see what D___ did to me?" and I said yes, and he lifted his shirt and had big read thumb prints in both armpits. He said she had grabbed him hard and pinched him and picked him up to throw him into the calming room. I thought, that's it, I've had enough, and we took him to the police and filed a report. Also M had complained to the aide that his armpits hurt after what she had done and she looked at the marks and told him it was a heat rash and she gave him wet paper towels to hold under his arms. That was the day the director met hubby at the school.

After we made the police report the officer told us to take him to the doctor to see if it was a heat rash, since that was what the school would claim. So we took him to urgent care and waited there two hours to have the doctor look at him. He took pictures and filed a report too.
So I raised a HUGE stink and got the director fired for lying to us and the aide suspended and everything. It was a nightmare.

Now we're waiting to hear the school's response to the OCR complaint.

No comments: