Monday, March 24, 2008

The beginning - the end.

The little bus pulls up right on time and I walk my son up to its doors. The bus driver introduces himself and I introduce myself. He then introduces the aide who rides with him. She is buckling Monster into his seat. They seem nice, but his old bus driver was such an obvioulsy kind and caring person. These people I don’t know yet. What if they say or do mean things to my son?

This morning while he ate breakfast Monster told me he was going to be mising pajama day at his after school program. I told him, sorry, but we had to take you out of there because they weren’t treating you very nice. Sorry you have to miss jammie day. And I’m partly angry that I am forced to lie to my son because I refuse to tell him that he was not wanted there, that he was too difficult for them, that they didn’t like him at all. His aide liked him, which was why I knew he was safe there. She would not let him know the truth.

But now that’s over and my son is excited (his word) to go to his new school. Please god or whoever you are up there please make this a good place for my son. Please let this be the right place for him right now because I made my decision based on the best information I had but I still don’t know why this school doesn’t have an ASD program.Please let all of the teachers, aides, special ed team, etc, do what they promised and make this a positive experience for my child.It doesn’t help that my sister in law yesterday started in again about how these EBD rooms really are NOT right for ASD children. It made me feel bad again about this decision I made for my child.

Please let everything be okay.

No comments: