Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's done!

The mediation process….

The mediation guy contacted me for the first time yesterday, by phone. He asked me some questions regarding what I want from the mediation, etc. I told him I wanted Monster allowed back in. He said he’d tell them and call me back. He just called.

The lawyers for the school say that the after school program cannot accommodate my son, period. They are not there for education; therefor they don’t need to follow the same rules. It’s a bunch of BS, because I know the laws under Section 504. There have been other cases that have been won by parents of disabled children against after school programs.

Anyhow, the mediation process is over before it began. They aren’t budging. I said fine, pursue the case. At least I didn’t waste time on a long stupid meeting to be told they didn’t want to work with us at all.

No comments: