Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The decision

After a two-hour meeting this morning with two schools’ worth of special ed teams and the parent advocate and me, we have decided to move Monster to the special ed program. I cried when I told them that I wanted to move him, because I still hate having to do this. But they had good answers for all of my worries, concerns, questions, etc. It does seem like this will give Monster a chance to shine and really be his true self, while also learning things like paying attention, getting his work done (work first, play second), etc. And hopefully it will help him learn to deal with his emotions in a more positive manner.
So here I sit, sure about my decision but just a bit heartbroken. This isn’t what I envisioned for my son. I hope I have done the right thing for him.

No comments: