Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Interesting timing

The school district is now telling the OCR that they want to do the early complaint resolution, or mediation. Interesting time to tell us, since Monster’s official last day at the daycare is tomorrow. He isn’t going, though. Hubby is taking the day off to spend with him (Thursday and Friday are no-school days, and Monster would have to spend the whole day at this place that doesn’t even want him). I didn’t mind when he spent 1-1/2 hours there each day. A whole day would, if anything, just give them more ammo against my son.
I’m curious now how quickly this will go through. I have been wanting to get ahold of someone at Community Ed to ask them, without being a smartass, but seriously ask them if my son could be enrolled in summer community ed programs, even though the after school place didn’t want to deal with him. But I’m sure I’m not supposed to talk to anyone over there.
This ought to be interesting. A friend of mine told me her sister got so sick of dealing with all of the bullshit her daughter’s school was trying to pull on her ASD daughter that she went to school and became a lawyer. Maybe that’s my calling. To become a lawyer to fight for these kids. Lord knows they and their parents get jerked around enough. The horror stories I’ve heard just in my little support group make me so angry. We don’t deserve to be treated like crap when we’re just trying to make sure our kids are getting the education and care they deserve.
Now I’m a little excited. I want this to happen soon – I’m so impatient!

No comments: