Saturday, May 3, 2008

Shields

A whole day and night to myself.
Hubby took Monster cabin camping today and they're coming home tomorrow. I watched three tear-jerker movies today and got some paperwork done for all of Monster's new summer schools.
There is a certain sort of energy that Monster carries with him. It's electrical, and you can sense it whenever he's in the house. I find myself mentally engaging my "energy shield" on my way home after work or when he's been gone and is on his way home.
I'm not shutting him out. It's more like I am holding in some of my own energy because if I don't he drains me completely.
It's not intentional. I don't blame him for it. It is what it is. I don't know if it will change as he gets older.
But letting down my shield for a full 24 hours is feeling pretty good.

No comments: