Wednesday, July 30, 2008

PCA love

Monster loves his PCA. LOVES her. Did I mention that his PCA, B, is 16 and lives right down the street from us? We've known her since she was a baby. I was thrilled when she agreed to watch Monster this summer.
Anyhow, she watches him until he gets picked up by the van for the day treatment program, right after lunch.
I had to come home today in the morning. the cut from my surgery popped open when I got out of my car at work and I went to urgent care and they wouldn't fix it. They told me I had to go to the surgery dept. They made an appointment for later that morning. My boss told me to stay home and take care of my leg, so I went home until it was time to see the surgeon.

My son basically refused to acknowledge me in front of B. He wanted nothing to do with me. I had become Invisible Mom. It was one of those moments when, as a mom, you think to yourself, well, I guess I'm totally replaceable after all.

Hubby said, well, look at it this way. B never tells Monster no. All she does is play with him. She's young - she has energy and plays with him nonstop. She doesn't tell him, not now, I need to do laundry or wash dishes.

I went into the bedroom and hid out until my appointment. I went downstairs to say goodbye and Monster would barely let me give him a hug and he refused to let me kiss him.

How funny is it that I was worried that, if I came home early, Monster would pester me nonstop and ignore B? All he wanted was for me to be gone so he and B could keep on playing Nintendo.

Sigh.

No comments: