Friday, June 20, 2008

First day of respite

Monster LOVES his new PCA and the two of them have apparently had a great time together Mon-Thurs, but today is the first day of his Friday respite.
I am in a state of panic over this. M was super-excited to be going today but we all know how well Aspie kids are with new situations. If we lose our every-Friday care we're going to have to do some major scrambling.

It doesn't help that I am still in a panic over this mole, although I am a little less determined that this is a death sentence. July 3rd the surgeon will look at it, and hopefully be able to remove it then and there.

It just makes me realize how small these things are in the long run, the things like letting my son fal asleep with me and cuddle with me and need me so much. I would hate to reach the end, however it may come about, and think to myself, what if I HAD spent more time just holding and loving my son? What would have been so wrong about letting him sleep next to me every other night or so? Someday Monster will decide he's too big for any of this stuff, and I would miss it.

He loves "camping out" with hubby or me (which just means, sleeping with us). He is like a cat, in that he pushes himself completely against you so the heat from the whole side of his body absorbs into you. I've moved him away a couple of times when I was really hot, and the little body just comes sliding back over against me.

I feel like all of this contact is so good for him. It reinforces over and over what "good touch" is, as opposed to whacking a child to get their attention.

Anyhow, I am now stressed over two things, and starting next Wednesday there will then be the afternoon treatment program for me to worry over.

I guess thank goodness I'm here to worry over this stuff.

No comments: