Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas / New Year's

Santa was good to Monster this Christmas. A man I met recently who plays a mall Santa thought it was awful that we threatened to call Santa whenever M was being rotten and tell him not to come by the house. But it works. I do what works. And since Santa came anyhow, what's the big deal?

Besides, I think this is the last year my baby boy will be believing in Santa. He's been asking way too many questions that make me think he's sort of figuring everything out. He'll be 7 next year. I'm sure someone will tell him Santa isn't real, and when he asks, I don't plan on lying.

New year's eve he spent at his daycare. They had a huge, day-long celebration and when he got home he fell apart several times and then finally ended up in a one-hour tantrum that made us decide that, instead of his being able to stay up late (like Hubby had told him), he really really needed to get to bed. Telling him this caused another huge tantrum, but he went to bed at 8:30 and was asleep within 5 minutes. I hope he was just an overwound kid who couldn't pull himself together, and not getting sick.

Anyhow - happy holidays to everyone. Let's hope the economy starts to take a turn for the better and all those people who are losing their homes get jobs and help, and that the food shelves are fillled again and less people need them. This past year has been so sad for so many. My one hope for this new year is that the downward dive stops, and we start to climb back up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-In-Box-Lego-Star-Wars-Death-Star-II-10143_W0QQitemZ110324423278QQcmdZViewItem

Not sure if this is the Death Star you want...

Pangaia said...

No, thanks though. It's the new one - the $400.00 one - that has all the different rooms and tons of little Star Wars characters - sort of a playset, albeit and easily destroyed one.


What if I bought it, built it, and as I built it I used model glue to MAKE it indistructible?