Saturday, August 30, 2008

A day for celebration

Yesterday I was sitting at my desk at work and it dawned on me that we had survived the entire summer without one single disaster - we never had to come pick Monster up from anyplace or stay home because he has been suspended or kicked out.
So I was feeling pretty god about this and practically danced all the way to my car. That night would be special - we should go out to dinner or at least Dairy Queen or something. I got into my car and put in a CD and was checking which song was on as I backed out of my space - right into a minivan stopped behind me.

And you know what? I'm STILL happy. I can't believe we made it! Monster's school teacher called the other day and wanted to know how his summer was and I had told her, it went really well, everything worked out perfectly. And she said how I had worked so hard to get M all this help and I should be so proud of myself. But, hey, what about all of the people who cared for Monster during the summer and understood him and didn't give up on him or kick him out - they all deserve so much credit, for caring for my son and treating him with respect.

I have a good feeling about first grade. We don't need to worry about daycare for the time being (Oh and BTW the OCR sent us a packet - there's not enough evidence that my son was discriminated against), and he's getting lots of support from the day treatment program and his teacher.

No comments: