Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Happy Birthday, Small Dude!!!!!

My baby boy will be seven on the 5th!!!!! Unbelievable! These years have flown by. Most of this time I've spent in panic or worry or plain old self-pity. Luckily I've also spent lots of time watching my baby grow into a wonderful boy who is so unbelievably amazing and unpredictable that he never ceases to surprise me. he is creative, intelligent, devious but delightful, Argumnetative and stubborn, but also sweet and caring and loving and snuggly. He still asks for "Uppy", one of the words he learned befire he turned one. But "uppy" now unfortunately is only lap cuddles because of my sore back and my 65-pound load of a boy.

He's giant. He's wearing 8/10 or medium clothes. He's wearing - get this - size 3-1/2 or 4 men's shoes. He's almost 4-1/2 feet tall.

He was always a big boy. An 8-pound newborn who grew into the fattest little baby you've ever seen off of only breast milk. And now he's my giant 7-year-old monster.

Happy birthday, sweet boy!!! You'll always be my baby and I will always welcome your uppies, no matter how big you get. Thank you for coming into my life, and thank you for being the special child you are. I know how stressed I get over your present and future so often, but I wouldn't trade you for any "simple" child in the world. No other child would be beautiful enough, smart enough, lovable enough, and ask for uppies enough. I'm glad you're in my life. Thank you.

1 comment:

polycotte said...

Yes, Happy Birthday! (to both of you, as it was a birth day for you, too) Hope the big day goes well!

polycotte